Dutch musician and producer Michel Banabila selects a distinct playlist of his favourite West Asian (Middle East) and North African tracks for Six Pillars.
Since his CD arrived at the Resonance104.4FM studios in 2004, Banabila’s work has been an influence on Six Pillars, and the sounds of the music selected for the show.
1. Alif – Holako (Hulagu)
2. Amar 808 – Degdega (featuring Sofiane Saidi)
3. Sussan Deyhim – Mystery Tunnel
4. Nadah El Shazly – Palmyra
5. O Yuki Conjugate – Rite of Passage
6. Soho Rezanejad – Voices in Archetypes: The Seeker
7. Ya Rabbat El-Hussen – Yemen
8 Fofoulah – Seye
9. Jon Keliehor – Subcontinent
Composer & sound artist Michel Banabila (of The Disquiet Junto group) has been releasing music in hard formats, and online, since 1983. Using found objects, electronica, field recordings, and extracts from shortwave/ TV and film recordings, he has produced renowned musical scores for films, documentaries, video art, theatre performances and dance pieces.
Repeats Wednesday 1-1.30pm
After the repeat, catch the PODCAST.